Race The Past
Take a ride down memory lane with us for the debut of the new Porsche 911 Dakar. We partnered up with director Cache Bunny on this nostalgia-laden spot that brings the classic 953 and Rene Metge out of the 80s and into today for a race against their modern counterparts.
Behind The Scenes
With over a million views across Instagram alone, the comments have been blowing up with questions on how this magical piece came together. Here’s our breakdown for a peek at how we pulled some of the shots off.
We used almost every software at our disposal in this one, with realtime FPV camera recording in Unreal, to smoke simulations in Houdini, tracking with Syntheyes, rendering in Maya, C4D, Redshift, and compositing in After Effects.
The people behind it all
- (VFX Supervisor) John Bashyam
- (Head of Production) Chris Grey
- (Lead Artist) Elliot Fan
- (CG Lighting / Car Materials) Ovi Bogdan
- (CG Artist) Carlos Aartsen
- (Unreal Artist / Comp) Anika Morris
- (3D Animator) Matt Parent
- (FX Simulations) Mitch Fields
- (CG Artist) Andrew Jerez
- (3D Modeler) Michael DuPree
- (Compositor) Jesse Nelson
- (CG Artist) Manan Bachkaniwala
- (BTS Editor) Jesse Payne