2022 Recap Film
Larger Than Life
The greatest festival video ever made? Probably.
The team at W&F had the pleasure of collaborating with director Ari Fararooy to bring larger than life surreal VFX work to the official 2022 Coachella aftermovie. We had a team of 12 people working on over 30 shots that involved CG animation and compositing and a team of 4 people on location for a week and a half turning around VFX shots in near real-time during the event! It was the most involved setup we’ve done on-site.
Take a look at our case study for the details.
Behind the work
A look at how we created the larger-than-life Coachella of everyone's dreams.
But there's more...
Our work was also purposed as the intro to the YouTube livestream broadcast.
An epic way to kick off the festival for viewers at home
The people behind it all
- John Bashyam (VFX Supervisor)
- Carlos Aartsen (Lead CG Artist)
- Elliot Fan (Lead CG Artist)
- John Bashyam (Lead CG Artist)
- Ryan Johnston (2D Compositor)
- Andrew Jerez (CG Artist)
- Jesse Nelson (CG Artist)
- Mitch Fields (CG Artist)
- Elliot Fan (3D Compositor)
- John Bashyam (3D Compositor)
- Manan Bachkaniwala (3D Modeler)
- Hung Ma (3D Modeler)
- Anna Chen (3D Modeler)
- Jesse Payne (VFX Breakdown Artist)
- Krissy Engelson (VFX Producer)
- Chris Grey (VFX Head of Production)